I finally made it to the flea market this summer! With life as hectic as it is, I don’t have the opportunity to frequent the markets nearly as much as I used to. So when I do go, I must be efficient! This trip was extremely spontaneous, so I pretty much thought about my plan of attack on the ride out there. I knew I wanted little things to help finish off my living room, which I’m in the process of revamping. So my ideas for todays flea were, small art, collectibles and knick knacks or chotchkie’s, if you will, and that’s exactly what I ended up with. It was a very successful trip and I just adore all of my finds:)
Original Oil Painting
I saw this painting the minute I walked into the flea market. She was sitting on a table and I just had to have her. Not sure why, I just knew I needed this oil painting. Marked down to $10, I knew it was meant to be!
This little beauty, is an antique compact. Originally $8 marked down to $4! Perfect for my collection of little things that are now resting on a fabulous table that I just purchased at Target for $60 (you’ll see the table in an upcoming post). Isn’t it sweet?
Original PlayBoy Club Chicago Ashtray
Now this, this is my fav! Couple of reasons why, first off, I am somewhat of a playboy collector. I used to work for the magazine, and I love all vintage playboy. Second, I actually already have one, however, I have kept it safe, in a box, far far away from my boys, fearing they would break it. Once I saw another at the flea, for $7, I decided that needed a backup and bought it without hesitation! hehe
Las Vegas ashtray from the ’80’s
I know it’s totally wrong to have an ashtray, but not if you’re collecting them! For $2, I just couldn’t pass this one up. I liked the pop of color and I love that the outside of the ashtray reads ‘Virginia’s Butt’s’. I don’t know, just thought this was a fun.
Vintage Frame with Vintage Brooches
These frames were just so unique and creative. The woman who I purchased them from takes vintage frames and then attaches vintage brooches to them. I bought a whole slew of them, not sure if I’m going to use all of them in my house, or give them as gifts. Either way, I had to have them!
There are all kinds of goodies at the flea market, but you need to have a plan!
- Make a list of the items you are looking for
- Don’t spend too much time on one vendor
- If you love something, purchase it right away, because chances are it won’t be there when you go back
- Negotiate, especially on the last day, vendors do not want to bring everything home with them. In my case, I went on the last day and most vendors had entire tables marked down 50%
- If your’re in the market for antiques, do your research before and then you’ll know if you are getting a good price for an item
- These markets are hit or miss, so don’t feel bad if you don’t find anything. Not all trips to the flea are successful, but they sure are fun!
Pics of this months flea market
Loved these beads! They were kind of pricey, but if you design jewelry, it’s so worth it!
Have a lovely Sunday!