Here are a couple of quick ideas for your Fourth of July party this year!
Start off with one of these fabulous signature cocktails, they’ll have your guests singing the Star Spangled Banner!
The red is a Patron Perfect Cosmo
- 2 oz of Patron Silver
- .75 oz Patron Citronge Orange Liqueur
- Splash of cranberry juice
- Splash of fresh lime juice
The white is an Absolute Mango Martini
- 1 1/2 parts Absolute Mango Vodka
- 1 part simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1/2 part Cointreau (orange liqueur)
- dash of peach bitters
The blue is a Very Berry Cosmo
- 2 oz Van Gogh Acai-Blueberry Vodka
- 1/2 oz Chambord (black raspberry liqueur)
- 1/2 oz cranberry juice
For each recipe pour ingredients into cocktail shaker with ice and then strain into a martini glass.
Simple Syrup: In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
Looking for a quick and easy app, try one of these two recipes!
Mini Star Polenta Pizza’s
- Canola oil, for coating the pan
- 1 (18 oz) tube of prepared polenta cut into 1/2 slices
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with canola oil. Take a star shape cookie cutter and cut the polenta slices into star shapes. Place on baking sheet. Top each with a little bit of the tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon of mozzarella, and 1 teaspoon of the Pecorino Romano cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
Watermelon Salsa with Tortilla Chips
- 3 cups chopped watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- salt to taste
Mix ingredients together and serve with tortilla chips.
If you’re not the one entertaining this holiday, here is an idea for the perfect hostess gift.
As a frequent hostess myself, I must say one of my favorite gifts are flowers. They really add beauty to the home for a party.
This a very simple idea that you can put together in no time at all.
Here is what you need:
- Bouquet of flowers (I bought the Summer bouquet at Whole Foods)
- Brown craft paper
- Patriotic ribbon
- 2 small American Flags
Start off by arranging the flowers in the craft paper and then wrap the craft paper around the bouquet. Next, take the ribbon and tie a bow around the middle of the paper. Lastly, take the flags and insert them into the bouquet. Another option would be to put the bouquet and flags into a vase and then tie the ribbon around the middle of the vase.
So easy and really cute!
Have a safe holiday! xo